Sunday, November 1, 2009

Greenhithe Combined Training Day

Made a late entry for Greenhithe CT day in the hope that getting him out & about more will settle him down. He was a bit anxious when we got there but chilled out really quickly and was great for the whole day :)

We worked out that I would be on about 10.15 so warmed up ready for then (as best we could with the way the grounds were....absolutely shocking). What they didn't tell us is that they allowed ten late entries in and we were in the second class so I didn't end up riding until well after 11. By then Cobs was over it so the fact I was on him for way too long & we couldn't really warm up well our test wasn't great however we still got third so that was good.

We had to do our test on their arena so that meant that once we got down to the corners of course everything was scary as we hadn't had a chance to walk past it. He was very hesitant about going into the far left corner the first time we went down there but eventually got over it.

His test was okay - wasn't as nice as I was hoping for but we got some great marks and looking at the photos it looked better than it felt.

I then entered the 80cm round SJ just to get our confidence back up again. We literally had time to do the practice jump twice at the trot & once at the canter before I was called in. Insane!

He did a good round - I stuffed up the striding by holding him back a bit much but he was good. Had to crawl his way over the first part of the double as I sat there like a munter but the rest of the round was great. Unfortunately knocked the last jump so we had a rail there but he was so much happier - no mucking round after the jump and just felt great. Very happy with him!

My goals for today were to go out & have a stress free day with him. We definitely achieved that so super happy and glad I made the decision to go :)


















No comments: