Monday, June 7, 2010

Mini ODE Woodhill Pre-Training

Off to Woodhill for their Mini ODE. Cobs warmed up awesome however when we were going round the arena he was feeling lazy so I growled & kicked him on and then he went nuts - started groaning and going sideways. Bad Mum LOL!

So the first half of our test was absolutely terrible. The entry was great though LOL! Then as if a flick had switched the second half was really, really nice. Dick.

I was a bit nervous before our jumping as I haven't done a proper SJ course on him for what feels like forever. I tried to remain sitting up & thinking about what I was doing the whole time. Unfortunately the round got messier the more we went round LOL!

He jumped great though - super proud of him. I was very lucky that my friend Michelle videoed us so that is the first time I have seen us jump for a long time & I can definitely see some improvement.

Our xc was a bit wiggly/woggly but he tried really hard. He backed off jump three so got a growling into that one but the rest of them he was fine. I was actually pretty proud of the both of us.

Just need to sort this dressage shit out - sigh. Nothing for us for a while I don't think as I am finding it too hard to ride during the week so will just take things one day at a time.

Here is the video link to our SJ round :

http://www.youtube.com/user/NZhorsesforsale#p/a/u/0/qhQ4ENMKf3w







No comments: