Sunday, July 11, 2010

Just when you think you are getting there.....

Had another lesson with John yesterday - again go so much out of it but man nothing like a wake up call LOL!

John hopped on Cobs first to have a squizz at how he goes etc. Was good watching him ride him - Cobs got very confused with what John wanted so just trotted/cantered/trotted till he understood what was going on. Was hilarious!!

We started off just doing a small x and getting my position sorted out again. Didn't get ANY comments on my hands/legs so that an achievement!

Then we trotted down to the wall and for once Cobs didn't jump it like a spoon so that was nice. Then onto the dreaded related lines....F*CK. I wish I didn't freeze up over these stupid things!!!

Where we should have got six nice strides in we got eight nana strides LOL. Oh and funnily enough when you have a shit canter poles tend to drop...who would have thought!!!

So we had to work through that for some time as I kept freezing up when I couldn't see a spot which meant Cobs was like WTF where has Mum gone and started to get all worried etc. But we finally got there. Then we did a straight line - liverpool to the oxer.

Coming into the liverpool I had everything totally right - could see my spot & everything & Cobs jammed on the brakes. Was NOT happy so he got a right bollocking for that. Snot. Then the next time I over rode it despite knowing I had done everything right the first time.....So came back round to do it again and then we got the right strides to the white oxer.

We ended the lessons with pole work - so what I need to do a LOT of as I can only see my spot three strides out which is far too late to be able to adjust anything. So we did six/five/six/four strides etc. Was really good & I can't wait to go down to the track & practice doing more work with it by using the posts etc on the fenceline.

Disappointed in myself more than anything as I seem to be getting stuck on the same things - one day we will get there.....



No comments: