Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Woodhill Sands Mini ODE 25th October

Woodhil had a Mini ODE on the Monday of Labour Weekend - nice low key day!

Cobs did a nice test - nothing flash but was consistent. We got a mark of 28 which left us in about 6th place.

Went to warm up for the jumping & I couldn't jump to save myself - kept getting left behind etc. Just could not get it sorted out at all.

I probably should have gone away for a while & come back to it to see if it got better but instead I went into the ring to do my round.....first fence was nice however a kid yelled out WHHEEE when we went over it so Cobs took off and we almost missed fence two! Next few were okay but I was still not totally with him and he kept tanking off as I was mucking things up. Came into the double & I just froze so Cobs dribbled down to a halt in front of the jump.....kinda happens when you don't ride into it! By then I was rattled so he stopped a second time but the third time he did it nicely. Then he jumped HUGE over number 7 and the last was hideous too.

Went out on the xc and its fair to say that didn't get much better. He felt SO heavy & awful. I stopped him before the last jump just so I felt like I had some control!

When I watched it on video it looked better than it felt but I really feel like I let the side down - just couldn't get anything right.

Never mind - despite our two stops we still ended up 4th so that was a nice surprise!








1 comment:

FeetNZ said...

Wow; he looks stunning - and look at where his knees are on some of those jumps!