Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lesson Update

Had a dressage lesson with Karley on the 13th May. Was a bit of a write off as the showgrounds are under water so really couldn't do that much. Then it poured down but we kept working through it.

In our next test we have leg yields etc which we can't do to save ourselves so we tried to get that sorted....tried being the key word there LOL! Never mind, we will give it a go in the tests. Not fussed if we screw it up as long as we attempt it.

Had another wicked lesson with Jamie today. I really feel like we are making improvement and getting out confidence back again which is just awesome.

Today we did lots of roll backs to get me thinking about the rhythm etc. I am still strugging getting the right canter speed & bounciness but we aren't any where near as bad as we were before.

He backed off a few of the fillers but didn't stop which was good - I got him in deep to a few and he just did them and then carried on like nothing had happened which I think is the best confidence boost for the both of us.

So yes very proud of my boy today - he tries so hard:)











1 comment:

Beckz said...

I love how cute he is with his knees. I'm glad you are getting your confidence back.