Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lesson with Jamie

Well after having a two week break from jumping and not much riding happening I was very surprised to have a sane pony today at our lesson. He was actually really good & tried hard. Did a few silly things like thinking the sun wall which we have jumped before was going to eat him and fell over it but never mind! Just proves that I don't have my legs on really.

Today we started with raised trot poles & a little jump just to get him using his back & thinking etc. Was actually a really good warm up exercise for him so will do that at home when/if the grounds ever dry out.

Then just did some courses etc where it was highlighted that I am still not that confident at getting the right strides etc. So we did that for most of the lesson just to try to stop me from doing too much in front of the fence & then stuffing the jump up.

I have seen in the photos that my heels are coming up again so will be doing lots of work during the week without stirrups etc to try & get this sorted out.

So very pleased with him again - I can't wait to get weekly ones again and while I am off work intend on getting some serious lessons in and then do some Show Hunter or something to get our confidence up again.











Put this photo in as WTF is he doing??? LOL :)

No comments: