Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jumping Lesson on 8th July

Went up to Jamies for a jumping lesson - was a few weeks since we have had one & funnily enough I was a bit nervous....dumb!

Lesson was great - we really worked on him jumping straight and no more superman jumping. So what is happening is we are starting off the jump in the middle but he is veering to the left over the fence. Then he is getting in a bit deep and is throwing his legs out in front of him to get over the jump etc. Basically not using himself properly.

So we worked on me lots to try and stop him from jumping left - my left side is painted on (thanks Tracey for that analogy - is fabulous!). So when I am coming into the fence I have to counter flex him so that I am riding properly which in turn makes him jump better.

I SO WISH I COULD RIDE.

Then Cobs got all unsettled as there were lots of horses warming up for a clinic in the arena beside us. Jamie showed me what she would do when this happens and after about three attempts it finally worked & we got some more great work out the both of us.

I don't really know how to describe the lesson - I got so much out of it yet nothing significant happened. I guess there were a few lightbulb moments for me and thats why I feel like I got so much out of it. We didn't jump high - we know he can do more than what I am going to compete at so now its time to just sort me out and then I think we will be absolutely sweet.

Was going to do the SJ this weekend at Woodhill however Cobs has pulled a shoe and the weather forecast looks horrific so a quiet weekend at home for us.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Wise move, riding in the rain is overrated! I'm loving having an excuse not to right now LOL