Sunday, July 5, 2009

Woodhill Sands Winter Dressage Series Day 4

Off to Woodhill today for the final day of the dressage series....have enjoyed it but must say I am glad that its over :)

Cobs was very unsettled today. Didn't get a great warm up as two people in front of me hadn't turned up so we went early. Not sure that would have made any difference though LOL!

We did 2.2 first. We got an 7 & 8 for our leg yielding YAHOO!! So happy with that. The test had moments of really nice work and then some crap stuff which was a shame. We had to halt at A for five seconds but he came into it all spooky so I circled and did the movement again. Meant we got a course error but I don't care. I wasn't happy with how he halted & wanted to correct it. As it was we got a 7 for that movement and I am positive we would have got a four for our first attempt so was well worth doing again. However we nailed the movement I was more concerned about so that is great.

We then did 2.6. Again moments of good work & some crap work. Our medium canters were great and our medium trot showed good progress too. His tension spoilt the overall look however if I look at how far we have come since the series started I can't really be disapointed.

I think we ended up fourth overall in the accumulator. Who would have thought! Never expected to even get placed but we got two seconds so I am very happy with him.

Mum & Dad were there so Mum videoed & Dad took some photos :)






No comments: