Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jumping Lesson

Such a gorgeous day to ride today - just stunning!

Today was a mixed bag - started off great, went pear shaped in the middle & ended well. Guess thats the main thing!

We did a lot of work to try and get him using his back properly - I can't wait for it to get dry enough to do some stuff at home with raised poles etc. We started off doing slow/big trots & canters which was great as I haven't practiced them much recently.

Then onto raised trot poles again then cantering after them and doing a tight roll back to a vertical. I stuffed this up numerous times but once I started to turn earlier we were away laughing. Then went onto some courses etc.

I can get the right canter pretty much straight away now so happy with that. We did a lot of work on me seeing my strides (you know fairly basic stuff LOL!) and I am confident that most of the time I can get it and then ride appropriately.

Cobs started to tank off today between jumps which doesn't impress me at all. I don't like tanky horses and he doesn't normally do it. Whether its just a new trick out the book who knows but it can bugger off :)

I am feeling more & more confident jumping higher now. Definitely don't freak out like I used too when I turn the corner and Jaimes has snuck it up!!

So all in all a great lesson - throughly enjoyed it and came away thinking we are actually improving.













1 comment:

FeetNZ said...

oooh look at his knees! He really is gorgeous.