Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dressage Lessons 8th October

Todays lesson was HARD! Was great though - three days later I am writing this & I am still sore!

Did heaps & heaps of canter today which is just what we needed to do. Got our transitions up & down pretty damn good. Practiced medium canter and giving the reins over X which we have to do in the Novice tests. Did lots of counter canter etc. All in all was great canter work! He was a bit dead on the left rein but think thats because my leg is flapping in the breeze so he just takes the mickey!
Then we did lots of sitting trot - my abs ache! I used to do only sitting trot back in the days so was really good to practice it again. Cobs has a habit of sucking back when I go into sitting so we just did loads of work at keeping him forward etc.
Pretty basic stuff but I am stoked with him. He tried so hard - all I ask for!















2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Look at Cob's tush muscles!!

Mel Baker said...

LOL Cathryn :)