Sunday, October 25, 2009

Woodhill Sands Show Hunter

Woodhill had a nice casual Show Hunter day on today so I organised a day out with Jo and her young pony Isis - was great as hardly see Jo now she does lots of SJ :)

Day started badly - for whatever reason Cobs got completely beside himself and just wouldn't settle. Tried to work him through it but kept spooking so I just flagged warming up & went into the warm up jumping ring. He wouldn't go into canter and was generally just being a shit.

I jumped him a few times and he wasn't happy so came out the ring & undid my girth & moved my saddle a bit - went back into the warm up ring & he was fine. ??? Strange.

I did a 70 round just to see if he would get over himself - he jumped well but leapt round everywhere in between LOL! His 80 round was better and his 85 was even better however I stuffed up the 2nd to last fence so he got really deep and pissy. Gutted as it was such a nice ride up until that jump.

He jumped well so happy with that. Who knows what was going on before that - don't want a repeat of it anytime soon thanks!

70cm round:





80cm round:







85cm round:





No comments: