Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Woodhill SJ 3rd April

Back down to Woodhill for the first day of their winter SJ series. I know I need to work on our SJ so its my aim to go down there as often as I can & just PRACTICE!!!

Again did the 80 as our first round. The course was lovely & the double was a two stride so that was good. Cobs got faster & faster as the round went on - wasn't really listening to me so had a few good half halts to be reminded what manners are. He did a super round - backed off the double so he got growled into that (more for me I suspect LOL!). Got into the jump off & we went as fast as I am comfortable with. He was great - they had a fake liverpool etc and he didn't even look at it so that was awesome. The double was in it as well so even more practice! We got a 5th for our effort so that was great!!! I then proceeded to fall off after we had finished our round :( He got a fright from something & unfortunately the person making him spook didn't stop doing what they were doing so he kept leaping sideways. I stayed on for two spooks but the third unseated me & I landed on my bum. OUCH. That actually hurts.....a lot.

I was worried that the fall would affect my confidence so went into the 90 as quickly as I could to get over it. Cobs was SUPER in this round. Had one rail as he came off the corner on the wrong lead but other than that was absolutely thrilled with it. He was listening a lot more & we got the right spots etc. Just felt great. I came out the ring & my friend told me I was doing the metre round.....hmm.....this is a bit of a mind block for me with it being in the 100's rather than the 90's LOL! I told her that I would start but if I felt it was too big then I would retire.

WELL shouldn't have worried about that. SUPER STAR OF THE DAY!!! One rail (same jump as the 90 for the same reason) - thats it!!!! The round was AWESOME. I felt like I rode it really well & Cobs was wicked. Came out with the hugest smile on my face so thanks Michelle H for your support & encouragement. Would not have done it without your help!!! So all in all a fantastic day. Super proud of the both of us :)



90 round (with a sandy bum!)



Metre round

No comments: