Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dressage Lesson with Karley 21st March

Karley came down to help us with our dressage again. After riding in a GP saddle for so long I find I ride quite short in my dressage saddle and have my knees quite bent so we did some of the lesson with no stirrups....didn't last long as it freakin hurt!

We then took my stirrups down a hole & it felt much better. Just need to work lots on putting my heels down etc...bad habit again!

Cobs was great - heaps straighter than he has been for a while as I am continually checking my contact in the outside hand. Fingers crossed that habit goes quickly.

We then did some lengthened strides....I have found the right button for it so now its just a case of preparing him correctly for it and making sure there is a definite before & after trot. We will get there - at least he is now willing to go forward so obviously his feet are all okay now.

Photos:




1 comment:

Jo Heath said...

I love the canter pic :-)