Saturday, March 14, 2009

Woodhill Sands Training SJ Day 14th March

We went down to Woodhill Sands today for a little training SJ & SH day they had on down there. As I was busy in the afternoon we only went down for the morning SJ.

Cobs was awesome :) Warmed up really well and we got through to the jump off in the 70cm. Unfortunately I lost my stirrup over one of the jumps & got unbalanced and fell off....how embarrassing! I waited until the other competitors had finished & went did the round again and he was so good. Actually jumped better than he did the first time so I am glad the fall hasn't knocked our confidence.

We did the 80cm as well and dropped a rail. I buried him into a few fences but he jumped his way out very nicely & confidently. His whole attitude to jumping appears to have changed and there was no silly business after the fences or anything.

We got 3rd equal in the 80cm as there were only two clear rounds in the jump off so that was nice.

Thats it for us competing wise for a little while I think. There is a little SJ day on next Sunday I would like to go too so will aim for that.
Photos from the 80cm round:









No comments: