Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lesson with Shelley at Woodhill Sands

I discovered Shelley was having a x-country lesson at Woodhill yesterday so quickly organised to have the day off with work and went down today.

Was a good outing for Cobs - I didn't get as much out of it as I hoped but every bit of help is beneficial for the two of us.

He jumped well today - was a bit hard with all the stopping then going again as there were four of us in the group but he coped pretty well. Concentrated on my position and straightness coming into & over the jump so that was good.

I went more for the XC as we haven't had a practice run at it since Greenhithe in January. He was pretty good. Started with some logs then a log onto a training log which managed to get me flustered and in turn Cobs started to get flustered! Once Shelley started to yell at me we got together okay - did it a few times & unfortunately didn't do it as nicely as I would have liked but you get that! We still did it.

Then we went off to the water and had a play round with jumping in & out. I rode like a nana with my reins long after dropping in so Cobs ducked out to the side....always my riding that causes the issues (or lack of riding as this case was!). However once I rode it like I meant it he was great.

He coped marvellously well working round the horses with them jumping around him so that was fantastic. Shame its still an issue for him - however I am sure we will work through that this season.

Not sure of when our next event is - don't think its till November so thats aaagggeeesss away :(








Very messy log jump - but its training height LOL!




1 comment:

Cathryn said...

Awe, Cobs is so cute! He´s a gorgeous horse. Too bad things didn´t go as planned, but that´s one of the perks of being a horse owner and rider! Glad to hear you two made the best of it and still learnt something!