Saturday, September 5, 2009

Jumping Lesson

Went up to Jaimes today to try & sort out what went wrong last weekend....well that was simple....I need to stop mucking around with my horse & hey presto he goes better.

Was a great lesson but I am feeling a little frustrated truth be told. Totally at myself as I just don't seem to get it. I KNOW he goes better when I just leave him alone yet I can't help myself and then wonder why things go wrong.

So today Jaime made me go over a line of two jumps and look at something else so then I couldn't muck round with him. Was a very good exercise to do albeit rather scary! I can see her reasonings behind it though so will have to work on it.

He jumped okay - few hairy moments like me getting totally in front of the movement and he did two HUGE bucks afterwards.....not sure how I stayed on. All I remember thinking was I am going to fast and it will hurt too much so don't fall off.

So yes so many things to work on......really feel like I am letting us both down. Thank goodness the season hasn't started yet so hopefully I can gain some confidence again.

Jaime set up a scary jump for us - he stopped at it the first time as low & behold I was riding like a nancy but once I actually rode him into he he did fine.

Thats it for lessons for a while as the SJ season has started so Jaime is off doing her thing...hope we don't go too far backwards!


Practicing looking away from the jump:





No comments: