Sunday, September 6, 2009

Woodhill Sands Mini ODE Pre-Training

Well it was fair to say that I was EXTREMELY anxious about today after my lesson yesterday...thanks to everyone who rang & sent lovely supportive texts encouraging me to get the hell on with it!

We had a good warm up for our test - there was hardly anyone down there which suits Cobs down to the ground so he was far more settled than he has been down there for a while.

I was stoked with his test - we lost our forward button a few times but on a whole he did pretty well. Kept his head together the whole time and listened. Came out beaming as it felt like I had the old Cobs back :)
Then rushed back to the float to get changed for the jumping - as it was a Mini ODE we did a round of SJ's and then picked 10 x-country fences you wanted to do. I walked it and rode it differently to most as I wanted to practice jumping down into the water rather than just trotting through it.

Our SJ was okay - one run out at a jump I thought he would spook at so just sat there like a nana.....we will get there one day LOL! He also dropped a rail on a jump I thought we got a good spot at so not sure what happened there. Was happy with him though as it felt like we both knew our job and I felt confident so slowly making steps forward!

He was great XC. We had one miscommunication where I thought we should go long but he tried to chip in & then ducked out to the side. Stormed round the rest of it though & dropped into the water nicely so was wrapt with him!

Then we looked at our scores and we won the dressage and won overall. YAY!!!

What a great day out we had. He will now be turned out for a few weeks as I think we both need some time to just sit back & relax :)














No comments: