Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lesson with Liz 15th December

Had a FANTASTIC lesson with Liz - Cobs was so nice & soft and worked his arse off basically!

We are doing a ton of work trying to get him off my leg as I have got into a VERY bad habit of my leg moving back (as I am sure you can see from all of my photos!) so we are doing heaps of lateral work and trying to get me to stop blocking him with my right rein when doing shoulder ins etc.

We ran through the tests we were doing on Thursday (twlight dressage) and I have to say we completely nailed our counter canters & rein backs. I had been working on our rein backs since our last lesson & the improvement was awesome.

Looking forward to putting some more consistent work into Cobs over the Xmas break & having more lessons with Liz before we get into competing again every weekend.

I was super proud of him today. Just wish my stupid right hand wasn't so blocked!

No comments: