Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lessons Update

Have had two great lessons this week.

Had a dressage one with Liz on Monday - ran through some movements in some Novice tests which was fun. It has become apparent that I have no idea how big a 10 metre circle should be so we worked on that for a while! Practiced some rein back & counter canter which we got pretty well. Both Liz & I were very happy with him as he has had some time off after Kumeu as I had an infected foot so couldn't ride. He seems really really happy in his work and tried so hard doing different movements etc. Very pleased with him :)













Yesterday I went up to have a jumping lesson with Jaime - first one in a LONG time so was good to go through things again.

The canter that I thought I had nailed was wrong so all of our lesson was working on that again. Amazing how different it felt and the jumps just came on the right stride etc. Disappointed in myself that I haven't kept up with stuff but I hope to see Jaime over Xmas and get this stupid canter cemented in us.

He went really well once I got my shit sorted out. Got a bit frazzled as we pushed him out of his comfort zone with the canter work but settled quickly & tried his heart out.

All in all two very successful lessons this week :)








No comments: