Saturday, December 19, 2009

Twilight Dressage 17th December

Went down to Woodhill Sands for day three of their summer twilight dressage series.

Cobs warmed up fantastically - was wondering what had happened to my horse as straight away he was lovely & soft, listening, not worried about the other horses. Just awesome!

However that didn't last long LOL! Went to go into my first test which was the harder of the two and then it started - shying everywhere, snorting, wouldn't listen etc. Was so freakin weird as nothing happened to set it off. I wonder if what happened is I went to the judges car & the judge is someone who ALWAYS slams us if I tensed up or something - with him thats all it takes!

We had to do the harder test first which always annoys me! Anyway we cantered down the centre line which is always a great start (not) but then did a great halt etc so we weren't marked too harshly. Next few movements were okay but then we were on a 10 metre circle and he leapt sideways & I lost my stirrup which at this point annoyed the hell out of me so he got a few pony club boots in his side which actually seemed to do the trick!

Our rein back was in front of the judge and I wasn't even sure if we were going to be able to halt let alone rein back but funnily enough we got 8's for these movements LOL! Who would have thought!

Our first counter canter was a bit hairy but maintained however in the second one he broke & went on the wrong leg so I stopped and redid the movement. Knew I would get a course error however we ended up getting a 7 for the movement and if I had carried on I would have got a 3 or something so I think we ended up getting a far better mark. I wasn't going to let him get away with being a shit so think I made the best call.

Rest of the test was okay - obviously tense but he didn't explode so that was good.

Then just to keep up with the strangeness of the night his second test was AWESOME & we got 2nd!!! Stupid horse!!! Was a lovely, calm, consistent test. When I did my final halt I turned to friends watching & said "this is why I persevere with this horse". As frustrating as the first test was he calmed down and was awesome. Freakin strange horse LOL!

We ended up third in the first test too which surprised me - the judge was more than fair with her marks and I guess she was having a good day LOL!














No comments: