Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dressage Lesson with Liz 6th January

Had a great lesson with Liz - a real pony club lesson. On the lunge with no hands or stirrups LOL!

It was a lesson where we really focused on what I was doing and how I was making him go. Was very interesting to see that as soon as I got on the lunge with no stirrups how my legs just hung in the right position however when I am riding they keep going backwards.

So lots to work on like normal - I could hardly walk afterwards I was so sore but man I actually really enjoyed it. Cobs was awesome - first time we have lunged him with me on him and he slowed his trot right down so I could do my stretches etc without falling off him.

Will try to do this once a week and see if it helps me out at all - I really want to get rid of these bad habits. As it is on our right rein because I draw my inside hand in so much he is compensating by swinging his quarters in which is now unfortunately a habit of his and is very hard work to get straight.

Never mind - that will be our aim for the rest of the season before he is turned out for a VERY well deserved break!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cobs looks so beautiful in these dressage pics hun - Awesome.xo