Sunday, January 10, 2010

SJ at Woodhill Sands

Woodhill had on one of their low key casual SJ/SH days so Jo & I organised to meet up for the day and have some fun!

I entered the 80 & 90. Need to do 90 as often as I can now.

Cobs was rather full of himself in the 80.....leaping round after the jumps which he hasn't done for the longest time & generally just being an egg LOL. He was going super until jump 7 where we had to go past the judges box....well he got sight of them & leapt sideways so then we missed our line for jump 7. Circled & represented and he was great. Did our first triple line too - four strides to a two stride. We nailed this both times we did it so I guess we got our canter right. YAY!! I am guessing thats why he was a bit pissy after the fences as he was out of his comfort canter LOL!

90 looked pretty big but was looking forward to giving it a go. Came round to the first fence and a wind tunnel full of leaves came shooting towards us so Cobs leapt sideways - can't say I blame him LOL! We had to circle and represent and then we took the rail which was sucks! The rest of the round was great - I froze to a few fences but on a whole was stoked with him. Again he tried really hard so can't complain!

Not sure what was wrong with the last fence of the course but both times he leapt over it LOL!

80cm round






90cm round





No comments: