Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lesson with Jaime

Had the day off work today to take Cobs to the dentist so managed to fit in a lesson with Jaime.

Todays lesson was good but man I rode like a muppet. About half way through the lesson things just went totally wrong & I kept stuffing up so had to stop and regroup. Just over thinking things AGAIN (for something different to do...not).

Cobs tried really hard and when I rode him properly he was great. He was a little bit behind the leg today so I needed to ride him the last few strides before the jump - you know the habit I have been trying to get myself out of! I give up LOL!

But it was a reminder to me that I have to ride him differently depending on what mood he is in - not every ride is going to be the same & I have to adjust to that. Just when you think things are going better things just remind you that actually they aren't!

We did quite a few courses which is what I need to practice on so that was good. Also did a bounce everytime which I didn't freak out at so thats got to be a good thing!

We managed to get our strides right in a four stride line - Jaime told me when we had done it once that it was good that I managed to get the striding right as it was a really long four for him which he normally struggles with so at least something good came out of the lesson LOL!










2 comments:

Nicky said...

Haha take all the top rails off and that looks remarkably similar to my lesson yesterday LOL You guys are looking awesome :)

FeetNZ said...

GREAT pics!!
Some of those jumps are getting up there in height.