Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Update

We had another dressage lesson with Karley on the 21st December which went really well. Everything we worked on we nailed pretty quickly so I was really looking forward to the Xmas Holidays so I could concentrate taking us up to more lateral work etc as I would like to do some twilight novice dressage tests on him soon.

All good in theory of course...first night of my holidays (Monday 22nd) I parted company from Cobs and have been in agony ever since. Fell off downhill & landed on my right hip...bloody painful! After having tried chiro & manipulative therapy I still could hardly walk so off I went to an osteo in Albany. I feel much better already a day later & she seemed to think there would be no reason why I couldn't go for a hack this weekend so fingers & toes crossed.

Cobs has been awesome - have attempted to ride twice & he just toddled along like a little RDA pony & really looked after me. I won't try and ride again until I feel up to it as I have lots planned for us and for the sake of a few days it just won't be worth it...just got to keep reminding myself of that LOL!

Photos from lesson:






Trying to do lengthen & shorten his canter stride...not sure where robot leg has come from tho LOL!




No comments: