Friday, January 23, 2009

Just one of those things....

Well Cobs hasn't been getting any better from standing on his shoe so got the vet out today. He is now dead lame on the other leg so what we think has happened is he has stood on something and bruised the sole and because he isn't putting full weight on his other leg its made this leg sore...does that make sense?? LOL!

So he is having a rest for a while & see what happens. Fingers crossed nothing serious comes out of this - the vet is confident that its just going to take him a while for both feet to sort themselves out bruising wise.

So we are now aiming for end of February to be at our next competition. I got told yesterday that I should sell him as this season hasn't really gone to plan for us with me falling off & now him injuring himself (which could happen to any horse!)....I don't see these things as enough of a reason to sell a horse so I am not even considering this. Its just part of owning horses if you ask me.

2 comments:

Beckz said...

It would be different if you hadn't made any progress over the season, but it doesn't seem that is the case. I certainly wouldn't sell him :)

Mel Baker said...

Thanks Beckz - no-one else would want him anyway LOL! :)