Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back into it...

Cobs ended up having his shoes off for almost a week so was tubbing them twice a day to make sure the bruising came out etc. A few days before the shoes went on he was starting to act a little more normal & playful in the paddock so I guessed he was feeling a little better.

Was dead lame at the trot the day the shoes went back on but my farrier said that he should come right in a few days.....so I trotted him out last night and he was a little sore every three/four strides so decided not to ride him and give him more time to heal.

Took him to the showgrounds today and walked round the track a few times & he was striding out like a horse on a mission so decided to try to trot. YAY he was all good :) I didn't want to do too much so trotted every 100 metres for about ten seconds and he seemed sweet as.

So fingers crossed we are now over the worst of it and he is on the right side of healing. I still am going to take it easy for the next week just to make sure he is fine before I start to jump him etc...

No comments: