Saturday, January 17, 2009

X-country lesson at Greenhithe 17th January

Kristal & I met at Greenhithe PC for a combined x-country lesson with Karley. Had such a blast - was great to hang out with Kristal & Flynn as well as we hardly ever compete at the same things.

Cobs was good - I rode like a nana yet again & he took advantage of that which is fair enough. Once I got my shit together & started to ride like I meant it he went much better.

We played around with the water heaps as I have issues dropping in & then jumping out so that was great to work on. We did a little water combo with a jump a few strides before the water, dropped into the water, four strides & jumped out.

We only did pre-training & a few training jumps - I don't want to jump anything smaller than that as we need to get used to jumping that height.

Went round a few more jumps but unfortuantely Cobs managed to twist a shoe off & the quarter clip was jamming into his foot. Luckily Dad had come to watch so he ran home & got some tools & Karley managed to get the shoe off.

He is now incredibly sore though so I hope it hasn't done lots of damage. I have put a hoofeeze boot on to try & relieve some of the pain & fingers crossed the farrier can come out early next week. We had booked in for some comps next weekend but I think they will be off now.

Here are some photos:

Warming Up

The boys playing in the water



Cobs normal leaping in style



Water Combo - Fence One
Finally getting a nice drop into the water
And leaping out (thank god for that)
Nice wood fence
Seat
Training/Open wood fence
Corner (you can see the shoe hanging off)

No comments: