Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lesson with Jaime

Went up to Jaimes for our first lesson with her since January. Cobs was actually pretty damn good so stoked with him.

Unfortunately all our bad habits have come back to play. Cobs has this hideous habit of when he is mid-air he veers left. I feel I am taking off in the middle of the jump however every time we land we are landing left.

As my left side is painted on I guess I am just not strong enough to catch this and fix it. This is why we have so many issues in combinations as he isn't straight and then our striding is wrong for the second part of the element.

We worked on that HEAPS and eventually got it. Although once I got that sorted my canter had gone backwards again as I was concentrating too much on getting things straight. Sometimes having a lesson makes you feel like you don't know a bloody thing!

Jaime hopped on and worked Cobs for me to see if it was me causing the left side issue - unfortunately this was confirmed LOL! She also jumped him and was surprised at how quickly he went from being straight to diving left. She worked him through it though and has given me heaps of exercises to try and get this issue sorted out.

I love watching people ride him - he went so nicely for her. Now I know he can go like that WATCH OUT COBS LOL!!





No comments: