Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dressage Lesson with Liz

Went up to Liz's place today for a lesson - what a great arena! Cobs settled in really well in the arena so we were straight into it.

Today we worked on my heels (surprise surprise), transitions, canter serpentines, my heels, trying to unlock my left shoulder & more transitions & more on my heels......never ending theme!

Cobs was so super today - really shone & made me very proud. Mum came up to watch the lesson as she hasn't seen us at Liz's lessons & she was blown away by the difference.

Did lots of work on out trot/canter transitions - he tends to jump into the canter so worked on that. Once we both knew what was expected of us they came along very quickly but will have to be something that we continue to work on.

Our trot work is awesome - our canter was also great today so its all coming together nicely. Fingers crossed we can do this when we are out competing next :)

Canter serpentines are still a little hairy...we are totally new at doing stuff like that so I will be happy if we attempt it & get the right leads etc. Our mediums have gone out the window still (however when we went for a big trot out at the racetrack yesterday he could do them just fine....toad!) - not too fussed about it though. We will attempt the movement and keep working on them over winter.

Loads of stuff to work on before our next lesson....of course LOL!

Lots & lots of photos today cause I am so proud :)

Exercise to help unlock my shoulder:












Shortening the trot stride:






Nice stretch out to finish:

No comments: