Sunday, June 7, 2009

Woodhill Sands Mini ODE

Decided to enter the Woodhill Sands Mini ODE just to see how we were going with the whole competition jumping thing - after coming off at the last few jumping shows it was suffice to say I was rather nervous.

We did a nice dressage test. Warm up was hideous again - as soon as we get away from the other horses he works nicely so its just going to be something we need to work on. Seems to be getting worse not better so I suspect its my nerves that are causing it.

Anyway the test was nice. I was pleased with it. I am now twisting my upper body for some god unknown reason so I am sure that wasn't helping.
He died in the second trot & was getting behind the vertical a little so will have to work on that this week.

Then the jumping.....so proud of him! It wasn't the prettiest round but I was more worried about staying on than anything else. Didn't feel like I was going to come off at any point though so really happy.

We just knocked the rail on the last sj fence which was my fault as I couldn't see my stride & just sat there like a nana. Lesson learnt. So I stopped & regrouped before I went out & did the x-country.

He got a growling into the first two as he was backing off but then remembered that x-country was fun and then tonkered round. Was really pleased with him. Jumped huge over most of them like normal so glad I decided to stick with Pre-Training and not go down to Intro.

So all in all a good day. Not sure where we came overall as the day was long so came home.

Kristal & Tracey came out for support so that was fabulous. Kristal took some photos for me :)























1 comment:

Beckz said...

He looks gorgeous. So glad you had a good day.