Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lessons!

More lessons!

Had another great lesson with Liz on the 11th. Worked mainly on leg yielding and our medium trots. Cobs went really nicely but then decided it was becoming too hard so started to spook etc. I don't think I will bother having lessons in Chrissys arena as he never really settles down there and it just gets frustrating.

Still happy with what we did though - be good to see if we get good trot marks this weekend as we are really making him go more forward than I have ever asked before. Our canter has all but disappeared so lets so how that goes tomorrow!

Had a fantastic jumping lesson with Jamie today. Cobs felt just awesome and was jumping out of his skin!

I actually feel like we are getting somewhere now - feels like we are back to where we were before Xmas time so stoked.

Today we did one stride in a grid of three which was good. I have to learn to stop trying to adjust him in the middle so Jamie made me sit there and just go with it. Was hard at first but by the end we were going great guns. Did a few little courses as well where I started to bring the canter back too much so he got in deep but still jumped awesome. I have to really focus on not changing anything....hard habit to break.

Did lots of getting our corners right so we were hitting the jump straight & in the middle of the jumps. Great stuff to work on....if only it was summer.

Photos!












No comments: